This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A patient who has experienced preterm births with her previous two pregnancies will begin receiving ... (Read 28 times)

jjjetplane

A patient who has experienced preterm births with her previous two pregnancies will begin receiving hydroxyprogesterone caproate Makena to prevent preterm delivery with her current pregnancy.

Which statement by the patient indicates a need for further teaching about this drug? a. I should report any calf pain immediate-ly.
  b. I will eventually learn to administer the injections of this drug myself.
  c. This drug may cause fluid retention and glucose intolerance.
  d. This medication must be given once a week until 37 weeks' gestation.

Question 2

A nurse provides teaching for a 25-year-old patient who will receive mitoxantrone Novantrone for worsening relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis. Which statement by the patient indicates a need for further teaching?

a. I may experience cardiac side effects several years after receiving this drug.
  b. I should report fever, chills, cough, and hoarseness immediately.
  c. I will need an infusion of this medication once weekly.
  d. I will need a liver function test and a pregnancy test before each dose.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

trampas

Answer to Question 1

B
Hydroxyprogesterone caproate is given IM and must be given by a healthcare provider and not by the patient. Although serious side effects are rare, thrombosis and thromboembolism may oc-cur, so the patient should report signs of thrombosis immediately. Fluid retention and glucose intolerance may occur. The medication is given weekly from 16 to 21 weeks' gestation up to 37 weeks or delivery of the baby.

Answer to Question 2

C
Mitoxantrone is given as an infusion once every 3 months. Cardiac side effects may become ap-parent during treatment or up to years after discontinuation of the drug. Fever, chills, cough, and hoarseness are signs of infection and should be reported immediately. LFTs and a pregnancy test should be done before each infusion.

jjjetplane

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
Wow, this really help

momolu

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

There can actually be a 25-hour time difference between certain locations in the world. The International Date Line passes between the islands of Samoa and American Samoa. It is not a straight line, but "zig-zags" around various island chains. Therefore, Samoa and nearby islands have one date, while American Samoa and nearby islands are one day behind. Daylight saving time is used in some islands, but not in others—further shifting the hours out of sync with natural time.

Did you know?

According to the CDC, approximately 31.7% of the U.S. population has high low-density lipoprotein (LDL) or "bad cholesterol" levels.

Did you know?

Always store hazardous household chemicals in their original containers out of reach of children. These include bleach, paint, strippers and products containing turpentine, garden chemicals, oven cleaners, fondue fuels, nail polish, and nail polish remover.

Did you know?

Aspirin is the most widely used drug in the world. It has even been recognized as such by the Guinness Book of World Records.

Did you know?

Children of people with alcoholism are more inclined to drink alcohol or use hard drugs. In fact, they are 400 times more likely to use hard drugs than those who do not have a family history of alcohol addiction.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library