This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: What statement correctly explains the nerve impulse transmission? A) The impulse travels from the ... (Read 47 times)

burchfield96

What statement correctly explains the nerve impulse transmission?

A) The impulse travels from the central nervous system (CNS) to the preganglionic neuron to the ganglia to the postganglionic neuron to the neuroeffector cells.
  B) The impulse travels from the preganglionic neuron to the CNS to the ganglia to the postganglionic neuron to the neuroeffector cells.
  C) The impulse travels from the preganglionic neuron to the ganglia to the postganglionic neuron to the CNS to the neuroeffector cell.
  D) The impulse travels from the CNS, to the neuroeffector cells, to the preganglionic neuron to the ganglia to the postganglionic neuron.

Question 2

A nurse is discussing the use of alprazolam (Xanax) with a 68-year-old patient. What statement indicates that the patient has an understanding of the drug?

A) When I stop having panic attacks, I can stop taking the drug.
  B) This drug will calm me down in about 30 minutes after I take it.
  C) One dose will keep me calm for about 24 hours.
  D) I am taking an increased dose because of my age.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

SamMuagrove

Answer to Question 1

A
The autonomic nervous system does not send impulses directly to the periphery. Instead, axons from CNS neurons end in ganglia, or groups of nerve bodies that are packed together, located outside of the CNS. These ganglia receive information from the preganglionic neuron that started in the CNS and relay that information along postganglionic neurons. The postganglionic neurons transmit impulses to the neuroeffector cellsmuscles, glands, and organs.

Answer to Question 2

B
The onset of alprazolam is about 30 minutes. The drug must be tapered after long-term use and the duration is approximately 4 to 6 hours. Elderly patients usually have a reduced dosage.

burchfield96

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
:D TYSM

TheNamesImani

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

There are 20 feet of blood vessels in each square inch of human skin.

Did you know?

Drugs are in development that may cure asthma and hay fever once and for all. They target leukotrienes, which are known to cause tightening of the air passages in the lungs and increase mucus productions in nasal passages.

Did you know?

Stevens-Johnson syndrome and Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis syndrome are life-threatening reactions that can result in death. Complications include permanent blindness, dry-eye syndrome, lung damage, photophobia, asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, permanent loss of nail beds, scarring of mucous membranes, arthritis, and chronic fatigue syndrome. Many patients' pores scar shut, causing them to retain heat.

Did you know?

Alcohol acts as a diuretic. Eight ounces of water is needed to metabolize just 1 ounce of alcohol.

Did you know?

There are major differences in the metabolism of morphine and the illegal drug heroin. Morphine mostly produces its CNS effects through m-receptors, and at k- and d-receptors. Heroin has a slight affinity for opiate receptors. Most of its actions are due to metabolism to active metabolites (6-acetylmorphine, morphine, and morphine-6-glucuronide).

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library