This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse is caring for an adolescent newly diagnosed with type 1 diabetes. The patient says, I ... (Read 55 times)

genevieve1028

The nurse is caring for an adolescent newly diagnosed with type 1 diabetes. The patient says, I can't believe I'm going to spend the rest of my life sticking myself with needles.

What future possibilities for insulin delivery can the nurse share with this patient? (Select all that apply.) A) Implantable insulin pump
  B) Insulin patch
  C) Inhaled insulin
  D) Oral insulin
  E) Pancreas transplant

Question 2

Two nursing students are giving an oral presentation on the forebrain. What information will they include about this area? (Select all that apply.)

A) Coordinates speech and communication
  B) Area where learning takes place
  C) Houses the extrapyramidal motor system
  D) Cranial nerves emerge from here.
  E) The swallowing center is here.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

mk6555

Answer to Question 1

A, B, C
Research is ongoing to obtain approval for an implantable insulin pump, an insulin patch, and inhaled insulin. Insulin cannot be taken orally because it is destroyed by gastric secretions and transplanting a pancreas for treatment for diabetes is not likely.

Answer to Question 2

A, B, C
The forebrain is made up of two cerebral hemispheres joined together by the corpus callosum. The two hemispheres contain the sensory and motor neurons. It also contains areas that coordinate speech and communication and is thought to be where learning takes place. Cranial nerves emerge from the hindbrain, which is where the swallowing center is located as well.

Did you know?

Less than one of every three adults with high LDL cholesterol has the condition under control. Only 48.1% with the condition are being treated for it.

Did you know?

The strongest synthetic topical retinoid drug available, tazarotene, is used to treat sun-damaged skin, acne, and psoriasis.

Did you know?

The term pharmacology is derived from the Greek words pharmakon("claim, medicine, poison, or remedy") and logos ("study").

Did you know?

Asthma is the most common chronic childhood disease in the world. Most children who develop asthma have symptoms before they are 5 years old.

Did you know?

Aspirin may benefit 11 different cancers, including those of the colon, pancreas, lungs, prostate, breasts, and leukemia.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library