This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse evaluates teaching about warfarin (Coumadin) is successful when the patient makes what ... (Read 32 times)

ssal

The nurse evaluates teaching about warfarin (Coumadin) is successful when the patient makes what statement?

A) If I miss a dose, I will take two pills the next day.
  B) I will check with the pharmacist before taking any herbal supplements.
  C) I will increase the dark-green leafy vegetables in my diet.
  D) I will take a multivitamin daily.

Question 2

The home health nurse is caring for a 72-year-old man in his home. He complains about almost daily diarrhea. The nurse assesses for what common cause of diarrhea in older adults?

A) Diabetes
  B) Hypertensive medications
  C) Laxative overuse
  D) Glaucoma

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Hdosisshsbshs

Answer to Question 1

B
Warfarin is involved in many drugdrug and drugherb interactions so the patients statement about checking with the doctor before starting any new drugs or supplements would be correct. The other statements made by the patient indicate the need for further teaching because he or she should not take two pills after missing a dose, there is no need to increase green leafy vegetables containing vitamin K, and multivitamin use is contraindicated.

Answer to Question 2

C
Diarrhea in older adults may result from laxative overuse so the nurse should assess what over-the-counter (OTC) products the patient is using. Diabetes, hypertension medications, and glaucoma are not common causes of diarrhea in patients.

Did you know?

The types of cancer that alpha interferons are used to treat include hairy cell leukemia, melanoma, follicular non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, and AIDS-related Kaposi's sarcoma.

Did you know?

Blastomycosis is often misdiagnosed, resulting in tragic outcomes. It is caused by a fungus living in moist soil, in wooded areas of the United States and Canada. If inhaled, the fungus can cause mild breathing problems that may worsen and cause serious illness and even death.

Did you know?

In most climates, 8 to 10 glasses of water per day is recommended for adults. The best indicator for adequate fluid intake is frequent, clear urination.

Did you know?

Fewer than 10% of babies are born on their exact due dates, 50% are born within 1 week of the due date, and 90% are born within 2 weeks of the date.

Did you know?

Urine turns bright yellow if larger than normal amounts of certain substances are consumed; one of these substances is asparagus.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library