This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse prepares to administer a phosphodiesterase inhibitor by what route? A) Oral B) IV C) ... (Read 122 times)

Bernana

The nurse prepares to administer a phosphodiesterase inhibitor by what route?

A) Oral
  B) IV
  C) Subcutaneous
  D) Intramuscular

Question 2

The nurse is caring for a patient with cystic fibrosis who is receiving dornase alfa by nebulizer to help thin secretions. What statement by the patient indicates a need for further instruction?

A) This medication will loosen up the sticky mucus that is in my lungs.
  B) I will try to cough after I receive this medication.
  C) I'm glad that this medication will solve all of my problems.
  D) I will continue to use postural drainage and take my enzymes as ordered.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

dawsa925

Answer to Question 1

B
Phosphodiesterase inhibitors are only given IV. They cannot be given orally, intramuscularly, or subcutaneously.

Answer to Question 2

C
Cystic fibrosis patients who receive dornase alfa should be cautioned about the need to continue all therapies for their cystic fibrosis because dornase alfa is only a palliative therapy that improves respiratory symptoms, and other therapies, such as coughing, postural drainage and enzymes, are still needed.

Bernana

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
:D TYSM

kswal303

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

People with high total cholesterol have about two times the risk for heart disease as people with ideal levels.

Did you know?

Normal urine is sterile. It contains fluids, salts, and waste products. It is free of bacteria, viruses, and fungi.

Did you know?

Asthma cases in Americans are about 75% higher today than they were in 1980.

Did you know?

It is believed that humans initially contracted crabs from gorillas about 3 million years ago from either sleeping in gorilla nests or eating the apes.

Did you know?

The B-complex vitamins and vitamin C are not stored in the body and must be replaced each day.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library