This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse provides patient teaching about use of levodopa for treatment of Parkinson's disease. What ... (Read 23 times)

fox

The nurse provides patient teaching about use of levodopa for treatment of Parkinson's disease. What statement by the patient would indicate a good understanding of levodopa?

A) I will take the medication for about a year and then stop.
  B) I should avoid exercising while taking this drug.
  C) I should take this drug with meals to avoid GI upset.
  D) I will take megavitamins to ensure that I have good nutrition.

Question 2

The nurse explains that the signs and symptoms caused by cancer are a result of what?

A) Overgrowth of tumor cells
  B) Enzymes that generate blood vessels
  C) Tumor cells invading healthy tissue
  D) Metastasis

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

succesfull

Answer to Question 1

C
The patient should be instructed to take levodopa with meals if GI upset occurs. Patients being treated for Parkinson's disease should be taught that drug treatment will be needed for life and cannot be stopped in a year. The patient should continue to be as active as possible. Multivitamins will contain vitamin B6, which should be avoided when taking levodopa.

Answer to Question 2

C
As cancer cells grow, they invade and damage healthy host tissues and this is what causes signs and symptoms of cancer. When cancer metastasizes, the tumor cells invade new tissue and other signs and symptoms occur. Cancer cells do overgrow and the abnormal cells do release enzymes that generate blood vessels, but this is not what causes the signs and symptoms of cancer. The effects of neoplasms are not caused by overgrowth of tumor cells, enzymes that generate blood vessels, or metastasis.

fox

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
Excellent

nathang24

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

A strange skin disease referred to as Morgellons has occurred in the southern United States and in California. Symptoms include slowly healing sores, joint pain, persistent fatigue, and a sensation of things crawling through the skin. Another symptom is strange-looking, threadlike extrusions coming out of the skin.

Did you know?

In most climates, 8 to 10 glasses of water per day is recommended for adults. The best indicator for adequate fluid intake is frequent, clear urination.

Did you know?

Parkinson's disease is both chronic and progressive. This means that it persists over a long period of time and that its symptoms grow worse over time.

Did you know?

Disorders that may affect pharmacodynamics include genetic mutations, malnutrition, thyrotoxicosis, myasthenia gravis, Parkinson's disease, and certain forms of insulin-resistant diabetes mellitus.

Did you know?

Multiple experimental evidences have confirmed that at the molecular level, cancer is caused by lesions in cellular DNA.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library