This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: While writing a care plan for a patient newly diagnosed with generalized seizures, the nurse might ... (Read 41 times)

javeds

While writing a care plan for a patient newly diagnosed with generalized seizures, the nurse might appropriately choose what nursing diagnosis?

A) Risk for injury related to gastrointestinal (GI) effects
  B) Disturbed thought processes related to central nervous system effects
  C) Monitor complete blood count (CBC) before and periodically during therapy.
  D) Offer support and encouragement.

Question 2

A 66-year-old woman presents at the clinic complaining of motion sickness. The physician orders a scopolamine patch. Which statement by the patient leads you to believe she knows how to use the patch?

A) I will place it on my chest each morning after I shower.
  B) I will use it only if I feel sick to my stomach.
  C) I will change the patch every 4 hours. I can use the patches for 1 week.
  D) I will change the patch every 3 days.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

mceravolo

Answer to Question 1

B
Disturbed thought processes related to central nervous system (CNS) effects is a nursing diagnosis for a patient receiving any antiepileptic medication for generalized seizures. Monitoring CBC and offering support and encouragement are implementations rather than diagnosis. Risk for injury is incorrect because the risk for injury to this patient is from the CNS effects and not GI effects.

Answer to Question 2

D
The scopolamine patch should be applied to a clean, dry, intact, and hairless area of the body. The area should not be shaved because abrasion of the skin could occur and lead to increased absorption. Patches should be placed at new sites each time to avoid skin irritation. The old patch should be removed and the area where it had been should be cleaned.

javeds

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

abro1885

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

When intravenous medications are involved in adverse drug events, their harmful effects may occur more rapidly, and be more severe than errors with oral medications. This is due to the direct administration into the bloodstream.

Did you know?

Not getting enough sleep can greatly weaken the immune system. Lack of sleep makes you more likely to catch a cold, or more difficult to fight off an infection.

Did you know?

The horizontal fraction bar was introduced by the Arabs.

Did you know?

The ratio of hydrogen atoms to oxygen in water (H2O) is 2:1.

Did you know?

The Romans did not use numerals to indicate fractions but instead used words to indicate parts of a whole.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library