This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A patient has just been diagnosed with TB. She is extremely upset and is asking questions concerning ... (Read 30 times)

anjilletteb

A patient has just been diagnosed with TB. She is extremely upset and is asking questions concerning the medications she will have to take and how long she will have to take them. Which of the following is an appropriate response by the nurse?

A) Oh, please don't worry. Your doctor will explain everything to you.
  B) You will take one drug for 1 month.
  C) You will have multidrug therapy for 6 to 24 months.
  D) We will discuss this when you are calmer.

Question 2

A patient calls the clinic and reports that he is having chest pain. The patient states that I'm scared that I am going to die and I've been pacing up and down my driveway.

After calming the patient, the initial instruction by the nurse would be to
  A) ask the patient to call 911 and wait outside for the ambulance to arrive.
  B) ask the patient to place a nitroglycerin tablet under his tongue immediately.
  C) have the patient take his pulse for 1 minute.
  D) have the patient go into his house and sit or lie down.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

ApricotDream

Answer to Question 1

C

Answer to Question 2

D

anjilletteb

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

marict

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

The first oral chemotherapy drug for colon cancer was approved by FDA in 2001.

Did you know?

The longest a person has survived after a heart transplant is 24 years.

Did you know?

Children of people with alcoholism are more inclined to drink alcohol or use hard drugs. In fact, they are 400 times more likely to use hard drugs than those who do not have a family history of alcohol addiction.

Did you know?

Blastomycosis is often misdiagnosed, resulting in tragic outcomes. It is caused by a fungus living in moist soil, in wooded areas of the United States and Canada. If inhaled, the fungus can cause mild breathing problems that may worsen and cause serious illness and even death.

Did you know?

Though Candida and Aspergillus species are the most common fungal pathogens causing invasive fungal disease in the immunocompromised, infections due to previously uncommon hyaline and dematiaceous filamentous fungi are occurring more often today. Rare fungal infections, once accurately diagnosed, may require surgical debridement, immunotherapy, and newer antifungals used singly or in combination with older antifungals, on a case-by-case basis.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library