This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: After seeking care for tremors that have become increasingly severe in recent months, a 71-year-old ... (Read 10 times)

D2AR0N

After seeking care for tremors that have become increasingly severe in recent months, a 71-year-old man has been diagnosed with Parkinson disease and will soon begin treatment with carbidopa-levodopa.

Which of the following statements indicates that the patient has an accurate understanding of his new medication?
  A) I'll have to learn how to modify each dose of carbidopa-levodopa based on how bad my symptoms are that day.
  B) I've read that carbidopa-levodopa is quite short-acting so I'll have to take it several times a day.
  C) I'll make sure to stop taking my other medications so that my carbidopa-levodopa doesn't interact with them.
  D) I've heard that it can take up to a year for carbidopa-levodopa to cure someone of Parkinson disease.

Question 2

A nurse is caring for a 59-year-old patient with Parkinson disease. Which of the following would indicate to the nurse that the patient is experiencing an adverse reaction related to the drug carbidopa-levodopa?

A) Altered complete blood count
  B) Blurred vision
  C) Dark urine
  D) Increased urine glucose levels

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

ebenov

Answer to Question 1

B

Answer to Question 2

B

D2AR0N

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
Excellent

samiel-sayed

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

Astigmatism is the most common vision problem. It may accompany nearsightedness or farsightedness. It is usually caused by an irregularly shaped cornea, but sometimes it is the result of an irregularly shaped lens. Either type can be corrected by eyeglasses, contact lenses, or refractive surgery.

Did you know?

Blood in the urine can be a sign of a kidney stone, glomerulonephritis, or other kidney problems.

Did you know?

More than 20 million Americans cite use of marijuana within the past 30 days, according to the National Survey on Drug Use and Health (NSDUH). More than 8 million admit to using it almost every day.

Did you know?

In inpatient settings, adverse drug events account for an estimated one in three of all hospital adverse events. They affect approximately 2 million hospital stays every year, and prolong hospital stays by between one and five days.

Did you know?

Drugs are in development that may cure asthma and hay fever once and for all. They target leukotrienes, which are known to cause tightening of the air passages in the lungs and increase mucus productions in nasal passages.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library