This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A patient visits the occupational health office of the factory in which he works. He has fallen ... (Read 8 times)

fbq8i

A patient visits the occupational health office of the factory in which he works. He has fallen asleep on the line and has a history of muscle weakness. This instance is not the first time he has fallen asleep on the line.

From what disease process does the occupational health nurse suspect the patient is suffering? A) Sleep apnea
  B) Insomnia
  C) Narcolepsy
  D) Substance abuse

Question 2

A 4-year-old child is brought to the pediatric clinic by his mother. She states, I don't know what to do with him. He is in constant motion. He won't sit for more than a few seconds and he is doing something else.

He often throws his toys and yells loudly, even compared with other kids his age. The child is diagnosed with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. Which of the following medications will most likely be administered in conjunction with treatment? A) ACE inhibitors
  B) SSRIs
  C) Central nervous system stimulants
  D) MAO inhibitors

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

fur

Answer to Question 1

C
Narcolepsy is characterized by daytime sleep attacks in which the person goes to sleep at any place or at any time. Sleep apnea is episodes of apnea during sleep. Insomnia is the inability to sleep. This patient is not exhibiting signs and symptoms of substance abuse.

Answer to Question 2

C
ADHD is characterized by persistent hyperactivity, short attention span, difficulty completing tasks, restlessness, and impulsivity. The diagnosis has increased in recent years, with a concomitant increase in the use of prescribed CNS stimulants for its treatment. SSRIs, ACE inhibitors, and MAOIs are not typically used.

fbq8i

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
:D TYSM

chereeb

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Stevens-Johnson syndrome and Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis syndrome are life-threatening reactions that can result in death. Complications include permanent blindness, dry-eye syndrome, lung damage, photophobia, asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, permanent loss of nail beds, scarring of mucous membranes, arthritis, and chronic fatigue syndrome. Many patients' pores scar shut, causing them to retain heat.

Did you know?

The human body produces and destroys 15 million blood cells every second.

Did you know?

Nearly 31 million adults in America have a total cholesterol level that is more than 240 mg per dL.

Did you know?

There are more nerve cells in one human brain than there are stars in the Milky Way.

Did you know?

When intravenous medications are involved in adverse drug events, their harmful effects may occur more rapidly, and be more severe than errors with oral medications. This is due to the direct administration into the bloodstream.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library