This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A patient is admitted to the hospital for severe back spasms and pain. Which of the following ... (Read 20 times)

leo leo

A patient is admitted to the hospital for severe back spasms and pain. Which of the following skeletal muscle relaxants will act peripherally on the muscle itself?

A) Cyclobenzaprine (Flexeril)
  B) Carisoprodol (Soma)
  C) Methocarbamol (Robaxin)
  D) Dantrolene sodium (Dantrium)

Question 2

A patient is being treated for latent tuberculosis on an outpatient basis and tells the nurse during a scheduled follow-up visit, I've been feeling pretty good lately, so I haven't actually been all that consistent with taking my drugs.

Subsequent health education should focus on what subject? A) The fact that nonadherence to treatment exacerbates the risks of adverse effects
  B) The need to consistently take the prescribed drugs in order to cure TB
  C) The need to match drug dosages carefully to signs and symptoms
  D) The fact that nonadherence will necessitate the use of antiretrovirals

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

jaymee143

Answer to Question 1

D
Dantrolene is the only skeletal muscle relaxant that acts peripherally on the muscle itself; it inhibits the release of calcium in skeletal muscle cells, thereby decreasing the strength of muscle contraction. The other listed drugs act centrally.

Answer to Question 2

B
Consistent adherence to treatment is imperative to ensure successful treatment of TB. Nonadherence leads to resistance and unsuccessful treatment, not increased adverse effects. Antivirals are ineffective against TB.

leo leo

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

bitingbit

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

The ratio of hydrogen atoms to oxygen in water (H2O) is 2:1.

Did you know?

Computer programs are available that crosscheck a new drug's possible trade name with all other trade names currently available. These programs detect dangerous similarities between names and alert the manufacturer of the drug.

Did you know?

In 1844, Charles Goodyear obtained the first patent for a rubber condom.

Did you know?

The first oncogene was discovered in 1970 and was termed SRC (pronounced "SARK").

Did you know?

There are 60,000 miles of blood vessels in every adult human.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library