This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: An 18-week-gestation pregnant woman has been diagnosed with fetal demise. What medication can be ... (Read 50 times)

jon_i

An 18-week-gestation pregnant woman has been diagnosed with fetal demise. What medication can be administered to initiate the birthing process?

A) Misoprostol (Cytotec)
  B) Calcium gluconate
  C) Magnesium sulfate
  D) Folic acid

Question 2

An unlicensed care provider administered Benadryl to an elderly resident who has been suffering from seasonal pollen allergies.

Which of the following assessment findings should prompt the nurse at the facility to suspect that the resident is experiencing anticholinergic effects of this drug? A) Blurry vision
  B) Tinnitus
  C) Wheezing on expiration
  D) Urticaria

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

yahahah24021

Answer to Question 1

A

Answer to Question 2

A
First-generation H1 receptor antagonists are associated with anticholinergic effects such as dry mouth, urinary retention, constipation, and blurred vision. Wheezing, urticaria, and tinnitus are not anticholinergic effects.

jon_i

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
:D TYSM

bimper21

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

There are more bacteria in your mouth than there are people in the world.

Did you know?

Before a vaccine is licensed in the USA, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) reviews it for safety and effectiveness. The CDC then reviews all studies again, as well as the American Academy of Pediatrics and the American Academy of Family Physicians. Every lot of vaccine is tested before administration to the public, and the FDA regularly inspects vaccine manufacturers' facilities.

Did you know?

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) was originally known as the Communicable Disease Center, which was formed to fight malaria. It was originally headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, since the Southern states faced the worst threat from malaria.

Did you know?

Alcohol acts as a diuretic. Eight ounces of water is needed to metabolize just 1 ounce of alcohol.

Did you know?

A recent study has found that following a diet rich in berries may slow down the aging process of the brain. This diet apparently helps to keep dopamine levels much higher than are seen in normal individuals who do not eat berries as a regular part of their diet as they enter their later years.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library