This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A patient is being treated for renal carcinoma with aldesleukin (Proleukin). Which of the following ... (Read 34 times)

RRMR

A patient is being treated for renal carcinoma with aldesleukin (Proleukin). Which of the following statements indicates that the patient has understood his teaching?

A) This drug will inhibit tumor growth.
  B) This drug will prevent the development of an infection.
  C) This drug will decrease the number of T cells.
  D) This drug will promote renal failure.

Question 2

A patient has been administered hydroxyzine for the treatment of nausea. Which of the following statements indicates that she has understood the teaching provided by the nurse?

A) I will take repeated doses of this medication until my nausea resolves.
  B) I may experience drowsiness with this medication.
  C) I should eat before I take this medication.
  D) I will need to take potassium with this medication.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Jadwiga9

Answer to Question 1

A

Answer to Question 2

B
Hydroxyzine will produce drowsiness in the patient. Repeated doses are unsafe. The patient should not eat with nausea. The patient does not need to take potassium with hydroxyzine.

RRMR

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

patma1981

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

The top five reasons that children stay home from school are as follows: colds, stomach flu (gastroenteritis), ear infection (otitis media), pink eye (conjunctivitis), and sore throat.

Did you know?

Every 10 seconds, a person in the United States goes to the emergency room complaining of head pain. About 1.2 million visits are for acute migraine attacks.

Did you know?

Symptoms of kidney problems include a loss of appetite, back pain (which may be sudden and intense), chills, abdominal pain, fluid retention, nausea, the urge to urinate, vomiting, and fever.

Did you know?

As of mid-2016, 18.2 million people were receiving advanced retroviral therapy (ART) worldwide. This represents between 43–50% of the 34–39.8 million people living with HIV.

Did you know?

In ancient Rome, many of the richer people in the population had lead-induced gout. The reason for this is unclear. Lead poisoning has also been linked to madness.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library