This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A patient has been prescribed ropinirole (Requip). She states, I don't know why they are giving me ... (Read 14 times)

xclash

A patient has been prescribed ropinirole (Requip). She states, I don't know why they are giving me this medicine. I don't have restless leg syndrome.

What is the nurse's best response in teaching this patient with newly diagnosed Parkinson's disease about ropinirole (Requip)?
  A) You are mistaken; ropinirole is not used for restless leg syndrome.
  B) You are right about ropinirole, but it is also used in early Parkinson's disease.
  C) Your doctor must have written the prescription wrong. I will call her.
  D) Ropinirole is used for restless leg syndrome and migraines, not parkinsonism.

Question 2

A patient is admitted to the emergency room with acute alcohol intoxication. He is combative. Which of the following medications will be administered?

A) A sedative
  B) An ace inhibitor
  C) An MAO inhibitor
  D) A skeletal muscle relaxant

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Heffejeff

Answer to Question 1

B

Answer to Question 2

A

xclash

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

mohan

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

The senior population grows every year. Seniors older than 65 years of age now comprise more than 13% of the total population. However, women outlive men. In the 85-and-over age group, there are only 45 men to every 100 women.

Did you know?

The top five reasons that children stay home from school are as follows: colds, stomach flu (gastroenteritis), ear infection (otitis media), pink eye (conjunctivitis), and sore throat.

Did you know?

Stroke kills people from all ethnic backgrounds, but the people at highest risk for fatal strokes are: black men, black women, Asian men, white men, and white women.

Did you know?

Blood is approximately twice as thick as water because of the cells and other components found in it.

Did you know?

Calcitonin is a naturally occurring hormone. In women who are at least 5 years beyond menopause, it slows bone loss and increases spinal bone density.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library