This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse instructs the family member who is to administer subcutaneous insulin to: A. Massage ... (Read 42 times)

APUS57

The nurse instructs the family member who is to administer subcutaneous insulin to:

A. Massage the site after the injection
  B. Select a 25-gauge, - to 5/8-inch needle
  C. Insert the needle at a 45-degree angle if 2 inches of tissue can be pinched
  D. Rotate injection sites each time from one major site to another

Question 2

The nurse is teaching a patient how to use a topical medication. Which statement indicates an understanding of the procedure?

a. If the patch starts to come off, I can secure it with tape.
  b. If the patch falls off, I will put a new one on in the same place.
  c. If my skin is irritated, I will cleanse it using water only.
  d. I can dispose of used materials in the household trash as usual.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Tabitha_2016

Answer to Question 1

B
B. A 25-gauge, - to 5/8-inch needle deposits medication into the subcutaneous tissue of an average-size adult.
A. Massage can damage underlying tissue.
C. Angle of insertion is 90 degrees for an obese client.
D. Systematic rotation of insulin injection can take place in one site.

Answer to Question 2

C
If skin is inflamed, instruct patients to use only warm water rinse without soap for cleansing.
Instruct the patient on how to manage a transdermal patch that begins to peel off before the next dose is due. Rather than tape the patch or cover it, instruct the patient to remove the patch, clean the skin, and apply a new patch to a different area. Instruct the patient to wrap applicators, used patches, and similar materials and dispose of them into cardboard or plastic disposable containers. Careful disposal is necessary to ensure the safety of the patient, other adults, pets, and children.

APUS57

Reply 2 on: Jul 24, 2018
Excellent

okolip

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

Atropine, along with scopolamine and hyoscyamine, is found in the Datura stramonium plant, which gives hallucinogenic effects and is also known as locoweed.

Did you know?

Drug abusers experience the following scenario: The pleasure given by their drug (or drugs) of choice is so strong that it is difficult to eradicate even after years of staying away from the substances involved. Certain triggers may cause a drug abuser to relapse. Research shows that long-term drug abuse results in significant changes in brain function that persist long after an individual stops using drugs. It is most important to realize that the same is true of not just illegal substances but alcohol and tobacco as well.

Did you know?

Approximately one in four people diagnosed with diabetes will develop foot problems. Of these, about one-third will require lower extremity amputation.

Did you know?

During pregnancy, a woman is more likely to experience bleeding gums and nosebleeds caused by hormonal changes that increase blood flow to the mouth and nose.

Did you know?

Patients should never assume they are being given the appropriate drugs. They should make sure they know which drugs are being prescribed, and always double-check that the drugs received match the prescription.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library