This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: During the enema instillation, the client experiences cramping. The nurse should: A. Discontinue ... (Read 12 times)

During the enema instillation, the client experiences cramping. The nurse should:

A. Discontinue the procedure
  B. Increase the height of the solution
  C. Slow the rate of the infusion
  D. Have the client roll into a supine position

Question 2

A client has been diagnosed with terminal cancer of the liver and is receiving chemotherapy on a medical unit.

In an in-depth conversation with the nurse, the client states, I wonder why this happened to me? According to Kbler-Ross, the nurse identifies that this stage is associated with: A. Anxiety
  B. Denial
  C. Confrontation
  D. Depression

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

mmpiza

Answer to Question 1

C
C and A. If abdominal cramping or pain develops, slow the infusion.
B. Lower container or clamp tubing if client complains of cramping or if fluid escapes around rectal tube.
D. An enema is given in the Sims' position.

Answer to Question 2

B
B. According to Kbler-Ross, the client is in the denial stage of dying. The client may act as though nothing has happened, may refuse to believe or understand that a loss has occurred, and may seem stunned, as though it is unreal or difficult to believe.
A. No stage of anxiety is found in Kbler-Ross's five stages of dying.
C. No stage of confrontation is found in Kbler-Ross's five stages of dying.
D. During depression, the individual may feel overwhelmingly lonely and withdraw from interpersonal interaction.

Reply 2 on: Jul 24, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

About 80% of major fungal systemic infections are due to Candida albicans. Another form, Candida peritonitis, occurs most often in postoperative patients. A rare disease, Candida meningitis, may follow leukemia, kidney transplant, other immunosuppressed factors, or when suffering from Candida septicemia.

Did you know?

More than 4.4billion prescriptions were dispensed within the United States in 2016.

Did you know?

Bisphosphonates were first developed in the nineteenth century. They were first investigated for use in disorders of bone metabolism in the 1960s. They are now used clinically for the treatment of osteoporosis, Paget's disease, bone metastasis, multiple myeloma, and other conditions that feature bone fragility.

Did you know?

Alcohol acts as a diuretic. Eight ounces of water is needed to metabolize just 1 ounce of alcohol.

Did you know?

More than 20 million Americans cite use of marijuana within the past 30 days, according to the National Survey on Drug Use and Health (NSDUH). More than 8 million admit to using it almost every day.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library