This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse has provided instruction to a patient recently prescribed warfarin (Coumadin). Which ... (Read 24 times)

sdfghj

The nurse has provided instruction to a patient recently prescribed warfarin (Coumadin). Which statement by the patient indicates to the nurse the need for further teaching?

a. I will always wear a medical alert bracelet.
  b. I will check with my health care provider before I take any OTC medications.
  c. I will be careful when I use a knife or other sharp objects.
  d. I will rinse my mouth with mouthwash instead of brushing my teeth.

Question 2

What is the mechanism of action of drugs used to treat thromboembolic disease?

a. Dissolving clots and preventing formation of new clots
  b. Making platelets more flexible and preventing formation of new clots
  c. Causing vasodilation and increased blood flow
  d. Preventing platelet aggregation and inhibiting clot formation

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

joshbk44

Answer to Question 1

ANS: D
Soft-bristled toothbrushes are acceptable to use for oral care. Medical alert bracelets should always be worn. The health care provider needs to be consulted prior to taking any OTC medications. Caution must be used when cutting with knives or using any sharp objects.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: D
The pharmacologic agents used to treat thromboembolic disease act to prevent platelet aggregation or to inhibit a variety of steps in the fibrin clot formation cascade. Thromboembolic medications do not dissolve clots, make platelets more flexible, or cause vasodilation.

sdfghj

Reply 2 on: Jul 24, 2018
:D TYSM

ryhom

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

Most fungi that pathogenically affect humans live in soil. If a person is not healthy, has an open wound, or is immunocompromised, a fungal infection can be very aggressive.

Did you know?

It is important to read food labels and choose foods with low cholesterol and saturated trans fat. You should limit saturated fat to no higher than 6% of daily calories.

Did you know?

Only one in 10 cancer deaths is caused by the primary tumor. The vast majority of cancer mortality is caused by cells breaking away from the main tumor and metastasizing to other parts of the body, such as the brain, bones, or liver.

Did you know?

All adults should have their cholesterol levels checked once every 5 years. During 2009–2010, 69.4% of Americans age 20 and older reported having their cholesterol checked within the last five years.

Did you know?

Vampire bats have a natural anticoagulant in their saliva that permits continuous bleeding after they painlessly open a wound with their incisors. This capillary blood does not cause any significant blood loss to their victims.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library