This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The client takes ginkgo biloba at home for memory impairment. Which statement by the client ... (Read 41 times)

Mr. Wonderful

The client takes ginkgo biloba at home for memory impairment. Which statement by the client indicates that teaching by the nurse has been effective?

1. I can't take any other medication with ginkgo biloba.
  2. I need to be on a low-fat diet while I am taking ginkgo biloba.
  3. Ginkgo biloba will keep me from developing Alzheimer's disease.
  4. I can have increased bleeding if I have to take an anticoagulant drug.

Question 2

A client is placed on tacrine (Cognex) for Alzheimer's disease. The nurse monitors which lab test for this client?

1. White blood cell count (WBC)
  2. Platelets
  3. Complete blood count (CBC)
  4. Liver function test (LFT)

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

bob

Answer to Question 1

Correct Answer: 4

Rationale 1: I can't take any other medication with ginkgo biloba is incorrect because there are very few medications that cannot be combined with ginkgo biloba.
Rationale 2: I need to be on a low-fat diet while I am taking ginkgo biloba is incorrect because there are no dietary restrictions when a client is taking it.
Rationale 3: Ginkgo biloba will keep me from developing Alzheimer's disease is incorrect because there is no evidence that ginkgo biloba will prevent the development of Alzheimer's disease, although it might help stabilize the disease.
Rationale 4: Anticoagulant drugs increase the risk of bleeding if taken with ginkgo biloba.

Global Rationale: Anticoagulant drugs increase the risk of bleeding if taken with ginkgo biloba. I can't take any other medication with ginkgo biloba is incorrect because there are very few medications that cannot be combined with ginkgo biloba. I need to be on a low-fat diet while I am taking ginkgo biloba is incorrect because there are no dietary restrictions when a client is taking it. Ginkgo biloba will keep me from developing Alzheimer's disease is incorrect because there is no evidence that ginkgo biloba will prevent the development of Alzheimer's disease, although it might help stabilize the disease.

Answer to Question 2

Correct Answer: 4

Rationale 1: Tacrine (Cognex), a direct-acting parasympathomimetic, is known for its major side effect of hepatotoxicity.
Rationale 2: Tacrine (Cognex), a direct-acting parasympathomimetic, is known for its major side effect of hepatotoxicity.
Rationale 3: Tacrine (Cognex), a direct-acting parasympathomimetic, is known for its major side effect of hepatotoxicity.
Rationale 4: Tacrine (Cognex), a direct-acting parasympathomimetic, is known for its major side effect of hepatotoxicity.

Global Rationale: Tacrine (Cognex), a direct-acting parasympathomimetic, is known for its major side effect of hepatotoxicity. The nurse would not need to monitor the WBC, CBC, or platelet count.

Mr. Wonderful

Reply 2 on: Jul 24, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Alyson.hiatt@yahoo.com

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

During the twentieth century, a variant of the metric system was used in Russia and France in which the base unit of mass was the tonne. Instead of kilograms, this system used millitonnes (mt).

Did you know?

Limit intake of red meat and dairy products made with whole milk. Choose skim milk, low-fat or fat-free dairy products. Limit fried food. Use healthy oils when cooking.

Did you know?

The tallest man ever known was Robert Wadlow, an American, who reached the height of 8 feet 11 inches. He died at age 26 years from an infection caused by the immense weight of his body (491 pounds) and the stress on his leg bones and muscles.

Did you know?

Tobacco depletes the body of vitamins A, C, and E, which can result in any of the following: dry hair, dry skin, dry eyes, poor growth, night blindness, abscesses, insomnia, fatigue, reproductive system problems, sinusitis, pneumonia, frequent respiratory problems, skin disorders, weight loss, rickets, osteomalacia, nervousness, muscle spasms, leg cramps, extremity numbness, bone malformations, decayed teeth, difficulty in walking, irritability, restlessness, profuse sweating, increased uric acid (gout), joint damage, damaged red blood cells, destruction of nerves, infertility, miscarriage, and many types of cancer.

Did you know?

Most strokes are caused when blood clots move to a blood vessel in the brain and block blood flow to that area. Thrombolytic therapy can be used to dissolve the clot quickly. If given within 3 hours of the first stroke symptoms, this therapy can help limit stroke damage and disability.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library