This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which of the following would be categorized as Schedule II drugs? (Select all that apply.) Note: ... (Read 9 times)

geoffrey

Which of the following would be categorized as Schedule II drugs? (Select all that apply.) Note: Credit will be given only if all correct choices and no incorrect choices are selected.

1. Morphine
  2. Methadone
  3. Tylenol with codeine
  4. Valium
  5. Heroin

Question 2

What is the appropriate schedule for a drug with limited or no therapeutic use?

1. III
  2. X
  3. V
  4. I

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

todom5090

Answer to Question 1

Correct Answer: 1, 2

Rationale 1: Schedule II drugs carry a high potential for abuse and dependency, and include morphine and methadone.
Rationale 2: Schedule II drugs carry a high potential for abuse and dependency, and include morphine and methadone.
Rationale 3: Tylenol with codeine is incorrect because Tylenol with codeine is an example of a Schedule III drug, which carries a moderate-to-moderately-high potential for abuse and dependence.
Rationale 4: Valium is incorrect because Valium is an example of a Schedule III drug, which carries a moderate-to-moderately-high potential for abuse and dependence.
Rationale 5: Heroin is incorrect because heroin is a Schedule I drug. Schedule I drugs have the highest potential for abuse and have little or no therapeutic value.

Global Rationale: Schedule II drugs carry a high potential for abuse and dependency, and include morphine and methadone. Tylenol with codeine is incorrect because Tylenol with codeine is an example of a Schedule III drug, which carries a moderate-to-moderately-high potential for abuse and dependence. Valium is incorrect because Valium is an example of a Schedule III drug, which carries a moderate-to-moderately-high potential for abuse and dependence. Heroin is incorrect because heroin is a Schedule I drug. Schedule I drugs have the highest potential for abuse and have little or no therapeutic value.

Answer to Question 2

Correct Answer: 4

Rationale 1: Schedule III drugs have a moderate abuse potential, and are used therapeutically with prescription.
Rationale 2: Category X drugs are harmful to both women and their fetuses.
Rationale 3: Schedule V drugs are used therapeutically without prescription, and have the lowest abuse and dependency potential.
Rationale 4: Schedule I drugs have limited or no therapeutic use.

Global Rationale: Schedule I drugs have limited or no therapeutic use. Schedule III drugs have a moderate abuse potential, and are used therapeutically with prescription. Category X drugs are harmful both to women and their fetuses. Schedule V drugs are used therapeutically without prescription, and have the lowest abuse and dependency potential.

geoffrey

Reply 2 on: Jul 24, 2018
Wow, this really help

duy1981999

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Never take aspirin without food because it is likely to irritate your stomach. Never give aspirin to children under age 12. Overdoses of aspirin have the potential to cause deafness.

Did you know?

Many supplement containers do not even contain what their labels say. There are many documented reports of products containing much less, or more, that what is listed on their labels. They may also contain undisclosed prescription drugs and even contaminants.

Did you know?

The average office desk has 400 times more bacteria on it than a toilet.

Did you know?

Blood is approximately twice as thick as water because of the cells and other components found in it.

Did you know?

More than 2,500 barbiturates have been synthesized. At the height of their popularity, about 50 were marketed for human use.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library