This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Prior to administering immunizations to a two month-old infant, the nurse should: a. be sure EMLA ... (Read 43 times)

tsand2

Prior to administering immunizations to a two month-old infant, the nurse should:

a. be sure EMLA was applied to injection site one to two hours prior to injection.
  b. ask the mother to hold the infant securely while the nurse administers the immunization.
  c. administer all the immunizations in the same syringe and injection site.
  d. inject the immunization slowly into the muscle.

Question 2

After teaching a client prescribed oral cyclosporine following his heart transplant, the nurse recognizes client understanding of the instructions when he responds:

a. I can dilute my medication in chocolate milk or orange juice.
  b. There is no interaction between the cyclosporine and my verapamil.
  c. St. John's wort causes an increase in the action of the cyclosporine.
  d. I won't need to have drug levels drawn for this medication.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

sailorcrescent

Answer to Question 1

ANS: A, D

Feedback
Correct a. and d. The EMLA will decrease/eliminate injection pain and injecting the medication slowly will decrease/eliminate muscle pain of injection.
Incorrect b. Mother should not be expected to participate in the child's potentially painful experience. c. No more than 1 mL should be injected into the vastus lateralis muscle.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: A

Feedback
A Correct: This indicates client understanding.
B Incorrect: Verapamil increases serum cyclosporine levels.
C Incorrect: St. John's wort causes a decrease in the action of cyclosporine.
D Incorrect: Chronic oral cyclosporine use, which is characteristic of a client posttransplant should have periodic cyclosporin serum levels drawn.

tsand2

Reply 2 on: Jul 24, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

FergA

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

You should not take more than 1,000 mg of vitamin E per day. Doses above this amount increase the risk of bleeding problems that can lead to a stroke.

Did you know?

Human stomach acid is strong enough to dissolve small pieces of metal such as razor blades or staples.

Did you know?

Walt Disney helped combat malaria by making an animated film in 1943 called The Winged Scourge. This short film starred the seven dwarfs and taught children that mosquitos transmit malaria, which is a very bad disease. It advocated the killing of mosquitos to stop the disease.

Did you know?

Hip fractures are the most serious consequences of osteoporosis. The incidence of hip fractures increases with each decade among patients in their 60s to patients in their 90s for both women and men of all populations. Men and women older than 80 years of age show the highest incidence of hip fractures.

Did you know?

The U.S. Preventive Services Task Force recommends that all women age 65 years of age or older should be screened with bone densitometry.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library