Author Question: A client is prescribed intranasal desmopressin acetate (DDAVP). The nurse should instruct the client ... (Read 73 times)

fnuegbu

A client is prescribed intranasal desmopressin acetate (DDAVP). The nurse should instruct the client to:

a. hold the container of spray upright for administration.
  b. lie in a supine position with the head hyperextended for administration.
  c. take this medication after breakfast to prevent nausea.
  d. never adjust the dosage of the medication without consulting with the doctor.

Question 2

The nurse understands which is true concerning I 131 treatment for hyperthyroidism?

a. It is safe for use in pregnant women.
  b. It may result in hypothyroidism as long as 10 years following treatment.
  c. Clients must be isolated in a private room following treatment.
  d. After treatment, clients pose a serious radiation hazard to other clients and to staff.

juwms

Answer to Question 1

ANS: A

Feedback
A Correct: The container, the client, and the client's head all should be upright for intranasal DDAVP administration.
B Incorrect: The client should be upright with the head upright.
C Incorrect: This is not an ingested medication that causes nausea.
D Incorrect: The client can adjust the dosage, depending on frequency of urination and thirst.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: B

Feedback
A Incorrect: I 131 is not safe for pregnant or lactating clients.
B Correct: These clients require long-term monitoring.
C Incorrect: This is not true of I 131.
D Incorrect: This is not true of I 131.