This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: During drug therapy for Parkinson's disease often the disease continues to progress, necessitating ... (Read 25 times)

skymedlock

During drug therapy for Parkinson's disease often the disease continues to progress, necessitating adjustments in drugs used.

Indicate whether the statement is true or false.

Question 2

When assessing a client's knowledge about Parkinson's disease, the nurse recognizes more teaching is needed when the client comments,

a. The main symptoms of the disease come from not having enough dopamine.
  b. I inherited Parkinson's from my parents.
  c. Having this disease means my lack of coordination may cause me to drop things.
  d. Usually Parkinson's disease begins slowly with symptoms developing over a period of months to years.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

sierrahalpin

Answer to Question 1

T

Answer to Question 2

ANS: B

Feedback
A Incorrect: This is a true statement and indicates client understanding.
B Correct: At the present time heredity is not considered a predisposing factor.
C Incorrect: This is a true statement and indicates client understanding.
D Incorrect: This is a true statement and indicates client understanding.

skymedlock

Reply 2 on: Jul 24, 2018
Excellent

dawsa925

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Autoimmune diseases occur when the immune system destroys its own healthy tissues. When this occurs, white blood cells cannot distinguish between pathogens and normal cells.

Did you know?

Street names for barbiturates include reds, red devils, yellow jackets, blue heavens, Christmas trees, and rainbows. They are commonly referred to as downers.

Did you know?

More than 50% of American adults have oral herpes, which is commonly known as "cold sores" or "fever blisters." The herpes virus can be active on the skin surface without showing any signs or causing any symptoms.

Did you know?

Children with strabismus (crossed eyes) can be treated. They are not able to outgrow this condition on their own, but with help, it can be more easily corrected at a younger age. It is important for infants to have eye examinations as early as possible in their development and then another at age 2 years.

Did you know?

Illicit drug use costs the United States approximately $181 billion every year.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library