Author Question: When instructing a client taking oral contraceptives, the nurse should instruct the client about the ... (Read 19 times)

cookcarl

When instructing a client taking oral contraceptives, the nurse should instruct the client about the possible increased need for:

a. vitamins C and B6. c. protein and vitamin E.
  b. calcium and vitamin D. d. vitamins D and K.

Question 2

The nurse is educating the client about liquid potassium supplementation following discharge from the hospital. Which of the following comments by the client indicates a need for further teaching?

a. I will drink the mix through a straw.
  b. I will mix the liquid in 4 ounces of juice.
  c. I will mix the powder in at least 12 ounces of water.
  d. I will suck on ice chips for several minutes before I take the medication.

Sierray

Answer to Question 1

ANS: A

Feedback
A Correct: Women taking oral contraceptives may require increased vitamins C and B6.
B Incorrect: There is no indication of increased need for these nutrients.
C Incorrect: There is no indication of increased need for these nutrients.
D Incorrect: There is no indication of increased need for these nutrients.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: C

Feedback
A Incorrect: This indicates client understanding.
B Incorrect: This indicates client understanding.
C Correct: The powder should be mixed in 4 ounces of water.
D Incorrect: This indicates client understanding.