This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse is preparing to apply nitroglycerin ointment to a client with hypertension. The nurse ... (Read 25 times)

soccerdreamer_17

The nurse is preparing to apply nitroglycerin ointment to a client with hypertension. The nurse first should:

a. obtain a baseline blood pressure five minutes after applying a dose.
  b. select a site and clean the skin for the ointment application.
  c. tape the paper securely to the skin with hypoallergenic tape.
  d. remove the previous ointment dose and wipe the ointment off the skin.

Question 2

After experiencing an MI two weeks previously, the client is prescribed dipyridamole. When assessing the client's understanding of this medication, which client comment indicates to the nurse further teaching is needed?

a. I should take my medication one hour before meals.
  b. I should take my medication with a full glass of fluid.
  c. This medication has prevented me from having another heart attack.
  d. I should notify my doctor if I start experiencing hypotension.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Jane

Answer to Question 1

ANS: D

Feedback
A Incorrect: This is not the first of the steps listed.
B Incorrect: This is not the first of the steps listed.
C Incorrect: This is not the first of the steps listed.
D Correct: The first of these steps is to remove the previous dose and clean any remaining ointment off to prevent client receiving more than the prescribed dose when that next dose is applied.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: C

Feedback
A Incorrect: This statement indicates client understanding of dipyridamole therapy.
B Incorrect: This statement indicates client understanding of dipyridamole therapy.
C Correct: Clinical evidence may not be apparent for 2-3 months not immediately.
D Incorrect: This statement indicates client understanding of dipyridamole therapy.

soccerdreamer_17

Reply 2 on: Jul 24, 2018
Wow, this really help

kishoreddi

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

Most childhood vaccines are 90–99% effective in preventing disease. Side effects are rarely serious.

Did you know?

The average human gut is home to perhaps 500 to 1,000 different species of bacteria.

Did you know?

Pink eye is a term that refers to conjunctivitis, which is inflammation of the thin, clear membrane (conjunctiva) over the white part of the eye (sclera). It may be triggered by a virus, bacteria, or foreign body in the eye. Antibiotic eye drops alleviate bacterial conjunctivitis, and antihistamine allergy pills or eye drops help control allergic conjunctivitis symptoms.

Did you know?

On average, the stomach produces 2 L of hydrochloric acid per day.

Did you know?

Alcohol acts as a diuretic. Eight ounces of water is needed to metabolize just 1 ounce of alcohol.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library