This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Client teaching regarding the use of biologic response modifiers (DMARDs) should include: a. the ... (Read 27 times)

imowrer

Client teaching regarding the use of biologic response modifiers (DMARDs) should include:

a. the need for periodic blood glucose assessment.
  b. the need to take the medication early in the day to avoid insomnia.
  c. the possibility of slow wound healing.
  d. increased risk of infection.

Question 2

Which of the following statements from a 60 year-old woman on corticosteroid therapy indicates she understands her medications?

a. I should take my prednisone in the afternoon at the same time each day.
  b. I should take my prednisone on an empty stomach to decrease nausea.
  c. I should take a calcium supplement while I'm on prednisone.
  d. I should avoid bananas, potatoes, and oranges in my diet.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

hollysheppard095

Answer to Question 1

ANS: D

Feedback
A Incorrect: This is associated with corticosteroids.
B Incorrect: This is associated with corticosteroids.
C Incorrect: This is associated with corticosteroids.
D Correct: A higher risk of infection is associated with TNF blocking action of biologic response modifiers.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: C

Feedback
A Incorrect: Prednisone should be taken in the morning to decrease the incidence of insomnia.
B Incorrect: Prednisone should be taken with food to decrease GI distress.
C Correct: Corticosteroids cause increased excretion of calcium and phosphorous, increasing the risk of osteoporosis especially in postmenopausal women.
D Incorrect: Because of potential potassium depletion, foods high in potassium should be included in the diet.

imowrer

Reply 2 on: Jul 24, 2018
Excellent

Dnite

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

Thyroid conditions may make getting pregnant impossible.

Did you know?

Fungal nail infections account for up to 30% of all skin infections. They affect 5% of the general population—mostly people over the age of 70.

Did you know?

After a vasectomy, it takes about 12 ejaculations to clear out sperm that were already beyond the blocked area.

Did you know?

Adolescents often feel clumsy during puberty because during this time of development, their hands and feet grow faster than their arms and legs do. The body is therefore out of proportion. One out of five adolescents actually experiences growing pains during this period.

Did you know?

The lipid bilayer is made of phospholipids. They are arranged in a double layer because one of their ends is attracted to water while the other is repelled by water.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library