This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A client suffers from migraine headaches. The nurse instructing the client on the appropriate use of ... (Read 40 times)

tfester

A client suffers from migraine headaches. The nurse instructing the client on the appropriate use of sumatriptan succinate (Imitrex) knows that the client understands the instructions when she replies:

a. I should use Imitrex on a regular basis to prevent migraine headaches.
  b. I take Imitrex by rubbing it over my forehead.
  c. I do not take Imitrex until I notice the first sign of a migraine.
  d. I can repeat the dose of Imitrex hourly until the migraine is relieved.

Question 2

For the client with severe acetaminophen toxicity, the nurse should be prepared to administer:

a. N-acetylcysteine (Mucomyst).
  b. naltrexone (Trexan).
  c. caffeine.
  d. magnesium hydroxide (Milk of Magnesia).

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

al

Answer to Question 1

ANS: C

Feedback
A Incorrect: It should be administered at the first sign of a migraine headache. It is used to treat, not prevent migraine headaches.
B Incorrect: This agent is not available in topical form.
C Correct: It should be administered at the first sign of a migraine headache. It is used to treat, not prevent migraine headaches.
D Incorrect: Additional doses should not be administered to treat the headache because of adverse effects of vasoconstriction.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: A

Feedback
A Correct: N-acetylcysteine is the antidote for acetaminophen toxicity.
B Incorrect: This is not a treatment for acetaminophen toxicity.
C Incorrect: This is not a treatment for acetaminophen toxicity.
D Incorrect: This is not a treatment for acetaminophen toxicity.

tfester

Reply 2 on: Jul 24, 2018
Wow, this really help

covalentbond

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

GI conditions that will keep you out of the U.S. armed services include ulcers, varices, fistulas, esophagitis, gastritis, congenital abnormalities, inflammatory bowel disease, enteritis, colitis, proctitis, duodenal diverticula, malabsorption syndromes, hepatitis, cirrhosis, cysts, abscesses, pancreatitis, polyps, certain hemorrhoids, splenomegaly, hernias, recent abdominal surgery, GI bypass or stomach stapling, and artificial GI openings.

Did you know?

During the twentieth century, a variant of the metric system was used in Russia and France in which the base unit of mass was the tonne. Instead of kilograms, this system used millitonnes (mt).

Did you know?

Earwax has antimicrobial properties that reduce the viability of bacteria and fungus in the human ear.

Did you know?

More than 34,000 trademarked medication names and more than 10,000 generic medication names are in use in the United States.

Did you know?

The first war in which wide-scale use of anesthetics occurred was the Civil War, and 80% of all wounds were in the extremities.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library