This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: You are teaching a patient about antihypertensive therapy. Which statement by the patient indicates ... (Read 188 times)

Diane

You are teaching a patient about antihypertensive therapy. Which statement by the patient indicates the need for more teaching?

a. Now that my blood pressure is normal, I won't need to take my medication anymore.
  b. When I take my blood pressure at home, I always try to take it at just about the same time every day.
  c. I check the labels on cans and other food packages to be sure they do not have too much sodium.
  d. I hope that by continuing to lose weight, I might not have to take medications to manage my high blood pressure.

Question 2

Which action or precaution is most important for before giving any type of drug for hypertension?

a. Check the patient's blood pressure.
  b. Ensure that the patient is in a sitting position.
  c. Check the patient's pulse for regularity.
  d. Have the patient drink a full glass of water.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Smiles0805

Answer to Question 1

ANS: A

Answer to Question 2

ANS: A

Diane

Reply 2 on: Jul 24, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

recede

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

By definition, when a medication is administered intravenously, its bioavailability is 100%.

Did you know?

In women, pharmacodynamic differences include increased sensitivity to (and increased effectiveness of) beta-blockers, opioids, selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors, and typical antipsychotics.

Did you know?

People with alcoholism are at a much greater risk of malnutrition than are other people and usually exhibit low levels of most vitamins (especially folic acid). This is because alcohol often takes the place of 50% of their daily intake of calories, with little nutritional value contained in it.

Did you know?

Many supplement containers do not even contain what their labels say. There are many documented reports of products containing much less, or more, that what is listed on their labels. They may also contain undisclosed prescription drugs and even contaminants.

Did you know?

Street names for barbiturates include reds, red devils, yellow jackets, blue heavens, Christmas trees, and rainbows. They are commonly referred to as downers.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library