This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: At a particular university, a study has shown that students who live on campus are more likely to ... (Read 53 times)

james9437

At a particular university, a study has shown that students who live on campus are more likely to have GPAs over 3.0 than students who do not. A freshman at this university is randomly selected at the beginning of the fall term. Define events A = the student lives on campus, and B = the student has a GPA over 3.0 at the end of the fall term. According to the housing office, P(A) = .80 . Which statement is definitely true about P(BA) based on this information?
 a. P(BA) = .80
  b. P(BA) is greater than P(Bnot A)
  c. P(BA) is less than P(Bnot A)
  d. P(BA) = P(Bnot A)

Question 2

A football player is randomly selected from all NCAA Division I college teams. Define the events D = the football player plays defense and T = the football player is over 6 feet tall. Suppose that we also know that of all NCAA Division I football players, 15 are shorter than 6 feet. What do we know about events D and T?
 a. They are independent events.
  b. They are dependent events.
  c. They are disjoint events.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

scrocafella

Answer to Question 1

B

Answer to Question 2

B

james9437

Reply 2 on: Jul 24, 2018
Gracias!

ebonylittles

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Vaccines cause herd immunity. If the majority of people in a community have been vaccinated against a disease, an unvaccinated person is less likely to get the disease since others are less likely to become sick from it and spread the disease.

Did you know?

Amphetamine poisoning can cause intravascular coagulation, circulatory collapse, rhabdomyolysis, ischemic colitis, acute psychosis, hyperthermia, respiratory distress syndrome, and pericarditis.

Did you know?

The toxic levels for lithium carbonate are close to the therapeutic levels. Signs of toxicity include fine hand tremor, polyuria, mild thirst, nausea, general discomfort, diarrhea, vomiting, drowsiness, muscular weakness, lack of coordination, ataxia, giddiness, tinnitus, and blurred vision.

Did you know?

According to research, pregnant women tend to eat more if carrying a baby boy. Male fetuses may secrete a chemical that stimulates their mothers to step up her energy intake.

Did you know?

Egg cells are about the size of a grain of sand. They are formed inside of a female's ovaries before she is even born.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library