This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A four year old boy throws a variety of objects at his siblings and parents. The family is fed up. ... (Read 68 times)

fbq8i

A four year old boy throws a variety of objects at his siblings and parents. The family is fed up. Hearing about a variety of behavioral therapies, the boy's father calls a psychologist to schedule a consultation.

Upon arrival, the psychologist tells the family he
  would like to speak with the child, individually, before speaking with the family. The
  psychologist speaks with the boy, then the family. The psychologist tells the family to
  come back a week later for an additional session. A week later the family does not show
  up for the session, and the psychologist calls to ask them why they missed the session.
  The father replies, your treatment worked, my son's behavior is back to normal. The
  psychologist is perplexed by this statement, and thinks to himself, that's strange, I only
  ask background questions during a first session. What might account for the boy's
  behavioral improvement?
  A) treatment worked
  B) psychologist modified his behavior
  C) spontaneous remission
  D) spontaneous inhibition

Question 2

In which of the following ways did Paul (1966) separate the improvement due to spontaneous remission, to the placebo effect, and to the therapy itself?

A) He used a single independent variable
  B) He used a single type of therapy
  C) He used two control groups
  D) He used three control groups