This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Does the vocal part on You Dont Love Me follow the typical twelve-bar blues pattern of three- or ... (Read 37 times)

HCHenry

Does the vocal part on You Dont Love Me follow the typical twelve-bar blues pattern of three- or six-line stanzas? Explain your answer. Tell in elapsed seconds where the different stanzas begin. How does the last stanza lead to the ending of the selection?

What will be an ideal response?

Question 2

What does the guitar play at the very beginning of You Dont Love Me? Explain your answer. Does this pattern continue throughout the entire selection?

What will be an ideal response?

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Harbringer

Answer to Question 1

After the first verse, Magic Sam follows the usual three-line (AAB) stanzas, but they are much longer than the expected twelve-bar length. For example, the second stanza starts on the word love, (Yes I) love you . . . and lasts for twenty-seven measures at a fast tempo.
 0:05stanza one
 0:30stanza two
 1:19stanza three (repeat of stanza one but as a 3-line stanza)
 1:43guitar solo
 2:19repeat of 3-line stanza one
 Improvised repeated lines and end

Answer to Question 2

A riff or repeating melodic-rhythmic idea that continues throughout the entire selection

HCHenry

Reply 2 on: Jul 25, 2018
:D TYSM

JaynaD87

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

Bacteria have been found alive in a lake buried one half mile under ice in Antarctica.

Did you know?

If all the neurons in the human body were lined up, they would stretch more than 600 miles.

Did you know?

Patients should never assume they are being given the appropriate drugs. They should make sure they know which drugs are being prescribed, and always double-check that the drugs received match the prescription.

Did you know?

It is believed that humans initially contracted crabs from gorillas about 3 million years ago from either sleeping in gorilla nests or eating the apes.

Did you know?

Oliver Wendell Holmes is credited with introducing the words "anesthesia" and "anesthetic" into the English language in 1846.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library