Author Question: A future news release might report that a new planet has been found around a star very similar to ... (Read 20 times)

OSWALD

A future news release might report that a new planet has been found around a star very similar to our Sun. The system contains other planets as well like our solar system. This newly discovered planet is claimed to have a mass 40 times that of Earth and is located nearly 25 AU from the star it orbits. Which of the following would be a reasonable prediction about this planet, assuming it formed like our solar system? I. The planet will probably have a mean density of around 5 g/cm3. II. The planet will probably have a radius of around five to ten times greater than Earth's. III. The planet will probably have several satellites. IV. The planet will probably have a composition that is mostly hydrogen and helium.

a. I & IV
  b. I, II, & III
  c. II, III, & IV
  d. I, II, & IV
  e. I, II, III, & IV

Question 2

Which one of the following IS NOT a characteristic of terrestrial planets?

a. low average density
  b. orbits inside the asteroids
  c. craters in old surfaces
  d. small diameters
  e. very few satellites

parshano

Answer to Question 1

c

Answer to Question 2

a