Author Question: The orbits of population I stars I. are confined to disk of the galaxy. II. are very elliptical. ... (Read 31 times)

bb

The orbits of population I stars I. are confined to disk of the galaxy. II. are very elliptical. III. are nearly circular. IV. are randomly inclined to the disk of the galaxy.

a. I
  b. IV
  c. I & IV
  d. II & IV
  e. I & III

Question 2

Opacity is

a. the balance between the pressure and force of gravity inside a star.
  b. the force that binds protons and neutrons together to form a nucleus.
  c. the force that binds an electron to the nucleus in an atom.
  d. a measure of the resistance to the flow of radiation (photons) through a gas.
  e. the temperature and density at which a gas will undergo thermonuclear fusion.

allisonblackmore

Answer to Question 1

e

Answer to Question 2

d

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Did you know?

Most fungi that pathogenically affect humans live in soil. If a person is not healthy, has an open wound, or is immunocompromised, a fungal infection can be very aggressive.

Did you know?

There used to be a metric calendar, as well as metric clocks. The metric calendar, or "French Republican Calendar" divided the year into 12 months, but each month was divided into three 10-day weeks. Each day had 10 decimal hours. Each hour had 100 decimal minutes. Due to lack of popularity, the metric clocks and calendars were ended in 1795, three years after they had been first marketed.

Did you know?

Egg cells are about the size of a grain of sand. They are formed inside of a female's ovaries before she is even born.

Did you know?

People about to have surgery must tell their health care providers about all supplements they take.

Did you know?

Your skin wrinkles if you stay in the bathtub a long time because the outermost layer of skin (which consists of dead keratin) swells when it absorbs water. It is tightly attached to the skin below it, so it compensates for the increased area by wrinkling. This happens to the hands and feet because they have the thickest layer of dead keratin cells.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library