This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Why is Saturn oblate? a. The gravity of its moons flattens the planet. b. The rapid rotation of ... (Read 23 times)

bobbie

Why is Saturn oblate?

a. The gravity of its moons flattens the planet.
  b. The rapid rotation of the planet flattens it.
  c. It formed that way originally and has no way to reshape itself.
  d. The magnetic fields of Jupiter and Saturn interact and cause the planet to flatten.

Question 2

The universe is said to be closed if I. gravity is strong enough to stop the expansion in a finite time. II. the density of the universe is less than the critical density. III. the universe is finite.

a. I & II
  b. I & III
  c. II & III
  d. I, I, & III
  e. none of the above

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

sabina576

Answer to Question 1

B

Answer to Question 2

B

sabina576

Did you know?

Astigmatism is the most common vision problem. It may accompany nearsightedness or farsightedness. It is usually caused by an irregularly shaped cornea, but sometimes it is the result of an irregularly shaped lens. Either type can be corrected by eyeglasses, contact lenses, or refractive surgery.

Did you know?

Patients who have undergone chemotherapy for the treatment of cancer often complain of a lack of mental focus; memory loss; and a general diminution in abilities such as multitasking, attention span, and general mental agility.

Did you know?

All adults should have their cholesterol levels checked once every 5 years. During 2009–2010, 69.4% of Americans age 20 and older reported having their cholesterol checked within the last five years.

Did you know?

There can actually be a 25-hour time difference between certain locations in the world. The International Date Line passes between the islands of Samoa and American Samoa. It is not a straight line, but "zig-zags" around various island chains. Therefore, Samoa and nearby islands have one date, while American Samoa and nearby islands are one day behind. Daylight saving time is used in some islands, but not in others—further shifting the hours out of sync with natural time.

Did you know?

Elderly adults are at greatest risk of stroke and myocardial infarction and have the most to gain from prophylaxis. Patients ages 60 to 80 years with blood pressures above 160/90 mm Hg should benefit from antihypertensive treatment.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library