This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Type I supernovae result from white dwarf stars that have reached a mass of ________ solar masses ... (Read 31 times)

ec501234

Type I supernovae result from white dwarf stars that have reached a mass of ________ solar masses from material transferred by a giant companion.

Fill in the blank(s) with correct word

Question 2

How does the rate of hydrogen consumption of a main-sequence B star compare to the hydrogen consumption of the sun?

A) A B star consumes hydrogen at a rate about 107 to 108 times faster than the sun.
  B) A B star consumes hydrogen at a rate about 103 to 104 times faster than the sun.
  C) A B star consumes hydrogen at a rate about 6 to 10 times faster than the sun.
  D) This cannot be answered using the HR diagram.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

lucas dlamini

Answer to Question 1

Answer to Question 2

B

ec501234

Reply 2 on: Jul 27, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

AngeliqueG

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

To prove that stomach ulcers were caused by bacteria and not by stress, a researcher consumed an entire laboratory beaker full of bacterial culture. After this, he did indeed develop stomach ulcers, and won the Nobel Prize for his discovery.

Did you know?

One way to reduce acid reflux is to lose two or three pounds. Most people lose weight in the belly area first when they increase exercise, meaning that heartburn can be reduced quickly by this method.

Did you know?

The Romans did not use numerals to indicate fractions but instead used words to indicate parts of a whole.

Did you know?

In 1885, the Lloyd Manufacturing Company of Albany, New York, promoted and sold "Cocaine Toothache Drops" at 15 cents per bottle! In 1914, the Harrison Narcotic Act brought the sale and distribution of this drug under federal control.

Did you know?

Your heart beats over 36 million times a year.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library