This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: In July 2011, the Dawn probe entered orbit around A) the comet Wild. B) the asteroid Ida. C) ... (Read 36 times)

tichca

In July 2011, the Dawn probe entered orbit around

A) the comet Wild.
  B) the asteroid Ida.
  C) the asteroid Ceres.
  D) the asteroid Gaspra.
  E) the asteroid Vesta.

Question 2

Consider the following statement, and explain whether or not it is sensible: When I looked into the dark fissure of the Milky Way with my binoculars, I saw what must have been a cluster of distant galaxies.

What will be an ideal response?

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

kjohnson

Answer to Question 1

E

Answer to Question 2

This statement does not make sense because we cannot see through the band of light we call the Milky Way to external galaxies; the dark fissure is gas and dust blocking our view.

Did you know?

Parkinson's disease is both chronic and progressive. This means that it persists over a long period of time and that its symptoms grow worse over time.

Did you know?

Ether was used widely for surgeries but became less popular because of its flammability and its tendency to cause vomiting. In England, it was quickly replaced by chloroform, but this agent caused many deaths and lost popularity.

Did you know?

Vital signs (blood pressure, temperature, pulse rate, respiration rate) should be taken before any drug administration. Patients should be informed not to use tobacco or caffeine at least 30 minutes before their appointment.

Did you know?

In most cases, kidneys can recover from almost complete loss of function, such as in acute kidney (renal) failure.

Did you know?

Approximately one in three babies in the United States is now delivered by cesarean section. The number of cesarean sections in the United States has risen 46% since 1996.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library