This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: On the scale of the cosmic calendar, in which the history of the universe is compressed to 1 year, ... (Read 12 times)

altibaby

On the scale of the cosmic calendar, in which the history of the universe is compressed to 1 year, how long has human civilization (i.e., since ancient Egypt) existed?

A) a few seconds
  B) about a month
  C) less than a millionth of a second
  D) a few hours
  E) about half the year

Question 2

How many galaxies are there in the observable universe?

A) about as many as the number of stars we see in the sky with our naked eyes
  B) infinity
  C) roughly a thousand times more than the number of stars in our galaxy
  D) roughly (within a factor of 10 ) the same as the number of stars in our galaxy
  E) about as many as the number of grains of sand on all the beaches on Earth

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

millet

Answer to Question 1

A

Answer to Question 2

D

altibaby

Reply 2 on: Jul 27, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

blakcmamba

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

Eating food that has been cooked with poppy seeds may cause you to fail a drug screening test, because the seeds contain enough opiate alkaloids to register as a positive.

Did you know?

The U.S. Pharmacopeia Medication Errors Reporting Program states that approximately 50% of all medication errors involve insulin.

Did you know?

The heart is located in the center of the chest, with part of it tipped slightly so that it taps against the left side of the chest.

Did you know?

Many supplement containers do not even contain what their labels say. There are many documented reports of products containing much less, or more, that what is listed on their labels. They may also contain undisclosed prescription drugs and even contaminants.

Did you know?

Limit intake of red meat and dairy products made with whole milk. Choose skim milk, low-fat or fat-free dairy products. Limit fried food. Use healthy oils when cooking.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library