This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Only one of the statements below uses the term theory in its correct, scientific sense. Which one? ... (Read 304 times)

erika

Only one of the statements below uses the term theory in its correct, scientific sense. Which one?

A) Einstein's theory of relativity has been tested and verified thousands of times.
  B) Evolution is only a theory, so there's no reason to think it really happened.
  C) I have a new theory about the cause of earthquakes, and I plan to start testing it soon.
  D) I wrote a theory that is 152 pages long.

Question 2

Which of the following best describes the status of the Milky Way in our Local Group of galaxies?

A) It is one of the two largest galaxies in the group.
  B) It is one of about a dozen large spiral galaxies in the group.
  C) It is by far the largest galaxy in the group.
  D) It is quite average among the galaxies in the group.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

coyin

Answer to Question 1

A

Answer to Question 2

A

Did you know?

Russia has the highest death rate from cardiovascular disease followed by the Ukraine, Romania, Hungary, and Poland.

Did you know?

Adults are resistant to the bacterium that causes Botulism. These bacteria thrive in honey – therefore, honey should never be given to infants since their immune systems are not yet resistant.

Did you know?

In 2012, nearly 24 milliion Americans, aged 12 and older, had abused an illicit drug, according to the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA).

Did you know?

Human neurons are so small that they require a microscope in order to be seen. However, some neurons can be up to 3 feet long, such as those that extend from the spinal cord to the toes.

Did you know?

Your heart beats over 36 million times a year.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library