This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which of these is NOT true about supernovae? A) Type I involves carbon detonation. B) Type II ... (Read 58 times)

BRWH

Which of these is NOT true about supernovae?

A) Type I involves carbon detonation.
  B) Type II involves formation of iron in the core.
  C) The two types are both closely related to evolution of white dwarfs.
  D) The one in 1987 in the Large Magellanic Cloud was of type II.
  E) Neutronization is vital in understanding type II core collapse.

Question 2

The high eccentricity of Mercury's orbit probably has nothing to do with Mercury's 3:2 synch of rotation and revolution.

Indicate whether the statement is true or false

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

AaaA

Answer to Question 1

C

Answer to Question 2

FALSE

BRWH

Reply 2 on: Jul 27, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Sarahjh

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

The types of cancer that alpha interferons are used to treat include hairy cell leukemia, melanoma, follicular non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, and AIDS-related Kaposi's sarcoma.

Did you know?

During the twentieth century, a variant of the metric system was used in Russia and France in which the base unit of mass was the tonne. Instead of kilograms, this system used millitonnes (mt).

Did you know?

Drugs are in development that may cure asthma and hay fever once and for all. They target leukotrienes, which are known to cause tightening of the air passages in the lungs and increase mucus productions in nasal passages.

Did you know?

In women, pharmacodynamic differences include increased sensitivity to (and increased effectiveness of) beta-blockers, opioids, selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors, and typical antipsychotics.

Did you know?

Adolescents often feel clumsy during puberty because during this time of development, their hands and feet grow faster than their arms and legs do. The body is therefore out of proportion. One out of five adolescents actually experiences growing pains during this period.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library