This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A rigid rod of length l rotates about an axis perpendicular to the rod, with one end of the rod ... (Read 35 times)

vHAUNG6011

A rigid rod of length l rotates about an axis perpendicular to the rod, with one end of the rod fixed to the axis. Which of the following are equal at all points on the rod? I. the angular position II. the angular velocity III. the angular acceleration IV. the centripetal acceleration V. the tangential acceleration
 a. I and II
  b. I, II, and III
  c. I, II, III and IV
  d. I, II, III, IV and V
  e. I, II and IV.

Question 2

A small sphere attached to a light rigid rod rotates about an axis perpendicular to and fixed to the other end of the rod. Relative to the positive direction of the axis of rotation, the angular positions of the sphere are negative, its angular velocity is negative, and its angular acceleration is negative. The sphere is
 a. rotating clockwise and slowing down.
  b. rotating counterclockwise and slowing down.
  c. rotating clockwise and speeding up.
  d. rotating counterclockwise and speeding up.
  e. first rotating counterclockwise and then clockwise.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

fauacakatahaias

Answer to Question 1

B

Answer to Question 2

C

vHAUNG6011

Reply 2 on: Jul 28, 2018
Wow, this really help

shailee

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

Normal urine is sterile. It contains fluids, salts, and waste products. It is free of bacteria, viruses, and fungi.

Did you know?

The first monoclonal antibodies were made exclusively from mouse cells. Some are now fully human, which means they are likely to be safer and may be more effective than older monoclonal antibodies.

Did you know?

Side effects from substance abuse include nausea, dehydration, reduced productivitiy, and dependence. Though these effects usually worsen over time, the constant need for the substance often overcomes rational thinking.

Did you know?

By definition, when a medication is administered intravenously, its bioavailability is 100%.

Did you know?

A strange skin disease referred to as Morgellons has occurred in the southern United States and in California. Symptoms include slowly healing sores, joint pain, persistent fatigue, and a sensation of things crawling through the skin. Another symptom is strange-looking, threadlike extrusions coming out of the skin.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library