This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: An ore car of mass 4 000 kg starts from rest and rolls downhill on tracks from a mine. A spring with ... (Read 85 times)

cagreen833

An ore car of mass 4 000 kg starts from rest and rolls downhill on tracks from a mine. A spring with k = 400 000 N/m is located at the end of the tracks. At the spring's maximum compression, the car is at an elevation 10 m lower than its elevation at the starting point. How much is the spring compressed in stopping the ore car? Ignore friction.

Question 2

An archer pulls her bow string back 0.40 m by exerting a force that increases uniformly from zero to 240 N. What is the equivalent spring constant of the bow, and how much work is done in pulling the bow?

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

durant1234

Answer to Question 1

1.4 m

Answer to Question 2

600 N/m, 48 J

cagreen833

Reply 2 on: Jul 28, 2018
Excellent

olderstudent

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Every 10 seconds, a person in the United States goes to the emergency room complaining of head pain. About 1.2 million visits are for acute migraine attacks.

Did you know?

Cancer has been around as long as humankind, but only in the second half of the twentieth century did the number of cancer cases explode.

Did you know?

The first successful kidney transplant was performed in 1954 and occurred in Boston. A kidney from an identical twin was transplanted into his dying brother's body and was not rejected because it did not appear foreign to his body.

Did you know?

Warfarin was developed as a consequence of the study of a strange bleeding disorder that suddenly occurred in cattle on the northern prairies of the United States in the early 1900s.

Did you know?

Certain chemicals, after ingestion, can be converted by the body into cyanide. Most of these chemicals have been removed from the market, but some old nail polish remover, solvents, and plastics manufacturing solutions can contain these substances.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library