This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: What were the major reasons for the great increase in size of the typical power plant as seen in ... (Read 17 times)

mckennatimberlake

What were the major reasons for the great increase in size of the typical power plant as seen in Fig. 8.10?

What will be an ideal response?

Question 2

Bartlett enunciated a key question (Ref. 11): Can you think of any problem, on any scale, from microscopic to global, whose long-term solution is in any demonstrable way, aided, assisted, or advanced, by having continued population growth at the

local level, the state level, the national level, or globally? Discuss whether this question can be answered, and, if so, how it could be answered.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

xoxo123

Answer to Question 1

In addition to innovations in power plant engineering, the utilities were taking
advantage of economies of scale.

Answer to Question 2

I think the question can be answered. Bartlett has made a cogent point here. In the
short term, some solutions can come from growth in population. In the long term, however,
we need to think about the implications of that growth, as I have attempted to do in this
chapter.

mckennatimberlake

Reply 2 on: Jul 28, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Chelseyj.hasty

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

According to the Migraine Research Foundation, migraines are the third most prevalent illness in the world. Women are most affected (18%), followed by children of both sexes (10%), and men (6%).

Did you know?

Eat fiber! A diet high in fiber can help lower cholesterol levels by as much as 10%.

Did you know?

All adverse reactions are commonly charted in red ink in the patient's record and usually are noted on the front of the chart. Failure to follow correct documentation procedures may result in malpractice lawsuits.

Did you know?

Your skin wrinkles if you stay in the bathtub a long time because the outermost layer of skin (which consists of dead keratin) swells when it absorbs water. It is tightly attached to the skin below it, so it compensates for the increased area by wrinkling. This happens to the hands and feet because they have the thickest layer of dead keratin cells.

Did you know?

The average adult has about 21 square feet of skin.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library