Author Question: An ideal solenoid of radius a has n turns per unit length and current I. The magnetic flux B through ... (Read 41 times)

ssal

An ideal solenoid of radius a has n turns per unit length and current I. The magnetic flux B through any area completely inside the solenoid, centered on the solenoid axis but at a 45 angle to the axis so that it touches the inside of the solenoid as shown below, is

a.

b.

c.
  0a2nI.

d.
  20a2nI.

e.

Question 2

An ideal solenoid of radius a has n turns per unit length and current I. The magnetic flux B through any circular area of radius a inside the solenoid, centered on and perpendicular to the solenoid axis, is

a.

b.

c.
  0a2nI.

d.
  20a2nI.

e.

Athena23

Answer to Question 1

c

Answer to Question 2

c

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Did you know?

A headache when you wake up in the morning is indicative of sinusitis. Other symptoms of sinusitis can include fever, weakness, tiredness, a cough that may be more severe at night, and a runny nose or nasal congestion.

Did you know?

Vampire bats have a natural anticoagulant in their saliva that permits continuous bleeding after they painlessly open a wound with their incisors. This capillary blood does not cause any significant blood loss to their victims.

Did you know?

Congestive heart failure is a serious disorder that carries a reduced life expectancy. Heart failure is usually a chronic illness, and it may worsen with infection or other physical stressors.

Did you know?

Most childhood vaccines are 90–99% effective in preventing disease. Side effects are rarely serious.

Did you know?

Lower drug doses for elderly patients should be used first, with titrations of the dose as tolerated to prevent unwanted drug-related pharmacodynamic effects.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library