Author Question: The figure shows the orientation of a flat circular loop consisting of 50 closely wrapped turns each ... (Read 38 times)

luminitza

The figure shows the orientation of a flat circular loop consisting of 50 closely wrapped turns each carrying a current I. The magnetic field in the region is directed in the positive z direction and has a magnitude of 50 mT. The loop can turn about the y axis. If = 20, R = 0.50 m, and I = 12 A, what is the magnitude of the torque exerted on the loop?

a.
  8.1 N  m

b.
  24 N  m

c.
  22 N  m

d.
  13 N  m

e.
  16 N  m

Question 2

The figure shows the orientation of a rectangular loop consisting of 80 closely wrapped turns each carrying a current I. The magnetic field in the region is () mT. The loop can turn about the y axis. If = 30, a = 0.40 m, b = 0.30 m, and I = 8.0 A, what is the magnitude of the torque exerted on the loop?

a.
  2.5 N  m

b.
  1.5 N  m

c.
  3.1 N  m

d.
  2.7 N  m

e.
  0.34 N  m

Pariscourtney

Answer to Question 1

a

Answer to Question 2

d

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Did you know?

Carbamazepine can interfere with the results of home pregnancy tests. If you are taking carbamazepine, do not try to test for pregnancy at home.

Did you know?

GI conditions that will keep you out of the U.S. armed services include ulcers, varices, fistulas, esophagitis, gastritis, congenital abnormalities, inflammatory bowel disease, enteritis, colitis, proctitis, duodenal diverticula, malabsorption syndromes, hepatitis, cirrhosis, cysts, abscesses, pancreatitis, polyps, certain hemorrhoids, splenomegaly, hernias, recent abdominal surgery, GI bypass or stomach stapling, and artificial GI openings.

Did you know?

Despite claims by manufacturers, the supplement known as Ginkgo biloba was shown in a study of more than 3,000 participants to be ineffective in reducing development of dementia and Alzheimer’s disease in older people.

Did you know?

You should not take more than 1,000 mg of vitamin E per day. Doses above this amount increase the risk of bleeding problems that can lead to a stroke.

Did you know?

Oliver Wendell Holmes is credited with introducing the words "anesthesia" and "anesthetic" into the English language in 1846.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library