This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Astronauts in a space shuttle that orbits the Earth are in a state of free fall that makes them ... (Read 29 times)

krzymel

Astronauts in a space shuttle that orbits the Earth are in a state of free fall that makes them appear to be weightless. If an astronaut brings a helium balloon to a pressurized room of a space shuttle while it is in orbit, what would the helium balloon do?
  1.It would float to the top of the cabin.
  2.It would sink slowly to the bottom of the cabin.
  3.It would remain wherever it is placed.
  4.It would remain at whatever height it is placed, but it would move horizontally to one side of the cabin.

Question 2

In which case would the net force due to water pressure on a solid object be greater?

(i) when the object is in water at 100-meter depth
   (ii) when the object is in water at 200-meter depth

1.(i)
  2.(ii)
  3.Choices (i) and (ii) would have the same net force due to the water on them.
  4.It depends on the orientation of the object.