Author Question: Two objects are at rest on a frictionless surface. Object 1 has a mass that is twice that of Object ... (Read 45 times)

JMatthes

Two objects are at rest on a frictionless surface. Object 1 has a mass that is twice that of Object 2. When a constant force is applied to Object 1, it accelerates for a time interval t. The force is removed from Object 1 and is then applied to Object 2. After Object 2 has been accelerated for the same time interval, which statements are true?

(i) p2 = 2p1
   (ii) p2 = p1
   (iii) p2 =  p1
   (iv) KE2 = 2KE1
   (v) KE2 = KE1
   (vi) KE2 =  KE1

1.(i) and (vi)
  2.(ii) and (iv)
  3.(i) and (v)
  4.(iii) and (v)

Question 2

Two objects are at rest on a frictionless surface. Object 1 has a mass that is twice that of Object 2. When a constant force is applied to Object 1, it accelerates through a distance d. The force is removed from Object 1 and is then applied to Object 2. At the moment when Object 2 has accelerated through the same distance d, which statements are true?

(i) p2 = 2p1
   (ii) p2 = p1
   (iii) p2 =  p1
   (iv) KE2 = 2KE1
   (v) KE2 = KE1
   (vi) KE2 =  KE1

1.(i) and (iv)
  2.(ii) and (vi)
  3.(i) and (v)
  4.(iii) and (v)

brbarasa

Answer to Question 1