This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Your gym teacher throws a large and heavy medicine ball to you for you to catch. She is next going ... (Read 18 times)

kamilo84

Your gym teacher throws a large and heavy medicine ball to you for you to catch. She is next going to throw to you a baseball that has a mass that is one tenth of that of the medicine ball. You are given the following choices. You can have the baseball thrown with

(i) the same speed as the medicine ball,
   (ii) the same momentum as the medicine ball, or
   (iii) the same kinetic energy as the medicine ball.
   Rank these choices from the slowest to the fastest speed of the baseball.

1.(i), (ii), (iii)
  2.(i), (iii), (ii)
  3.(ii), (iii), (i)
  4.(iii), (ii), (i)

Question 2

Object 1 has more kinetic energy than Object 2. How do the magnitudes of their momenta compare?
  1. p1 = p2
  2. p1 > p2
  3. p1  p2
  4. not enough information given to tell

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

mtmmmmmk

Answer to Question 1

Answer to Question 2

kamilo84

Reply 2 on: Jul 28, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

aruss1303

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

Malaria was not eliminated in the United States until 1951. The term eliminated means that no new cases arise in a country for 3 years.

Did you know?

About 600,000 particles of skin are shed every hour by each human. If you live to age 70 years, you have shed 105 pounds of dead skin.

Did you know?

Nitroglycerin is used to alleviate various heart-related conditions, and it is also the chief component of dynamite (but mixed in a solid clay base to stabilize it).

Did you know?

Of the estimated 2 million heroin users in the United States, 600,000–800,000 are considered hardcore addicts. Heroin addiction is considered to be one of the hardest addictions to recover from.

Did you know?

Many people have small pouches in their colons that bulge outward through weak spots. Each pouch is called a diverticulum. About 10% of Americans older than age 40 years have diverticulosis, which, when the pouches become infected or inflamed, is called diverticulitis. The main cause of diverticular disease is a low-fiber diet.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library