Author Question: Four wave functions are given below. I. y(x, t) = 5sin(4x 20t + 4) II. y(x, t) = 5sin(3x 12t + 5) ... (Read 130 times)

mmm

Four wave functions are given below. I. y(x, t) = 5sin(4x  20t + 4) II. y(x, t) = 5sin(3x  12t + 5) III. y(x, t) = 5cos(4x + 24t + 6) IV. y(x, t) = 14cos(2x  8t + 3) Use this exhibit to answer the following question(s). Rank the wave functions in order of the magnitude of the wavelengths, from least to greatest.
 a. IV, II, I, III
  b. IV, I, II, III
  c. I, II, III, IV
  d. IV, II, III = I
  e. I = III, II, IV

Question 2

Four wave functions are given below. I. y(x, t) = 5sin(4x  20t + 4) II. y(x, t) = 5sin(3x  12t + 5) III. y(x, t) = 5cos(4x + 24t + 6) IV. y(x, t) = 14cos(2x  8t + 3) Use this exhibit to answer the following question(s). Rank the wave functions in order of the magnitude of the frequencies of the waves, from least to greatest.
 a. IV, II, I, III
  b. IV = II, I, III
  c. III, I, II, IV
  d. IV, I, II, III
  e. III, IV, II, I

bimper21

Answer to Question 1

e

Answer to Question 2

a

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Did you know?

IgA antibodies protect body surfaces exposed to outside foreign substances. IgG antibodies are found in all body fluids. IgM antibodies are the first type of antibody made in response to an infection. IgE antibody levels are often high in people with allergies. IgD antibodies are found in tissues lining the abdomen and chest.

Did you know?

Computer programs are available that crosscheck a new drug's possible trade name with all other trade names currently available. These programs detect dangerous similarities between names and alert the manufacturer of the drug.

Did you know?

The familiar sounds of your heart are made by the heart's valves as they open and close.

Did you know?

Cancer has been around as long as humankind, but only in the second half of the twentieth century did the number of cancer cases explode.

Did you know?

Though methadone is often used to treat dependency on other opioids, the drug itself can be abused. Crushing or snorting methadone can achieve the opiate "rush" desired by addicts. Improper use such as these can lead to a dangerous dependency on methadone. This drug now accounts for nearly one-third of opioid-related deaths.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library