This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The net force on an object is in the positive x-direction. Consider the following statements. (I) ... (Read 14 times)

rosent76

The net force on an object is in the positive x-direction. Consider the following statements. (I) The object can be moving in the negative x-direction. (II) The object can be speeding up. (III) The object can be slowing down. (IV) The object can be moving in the positive y-direction. Which of the statements are true?
 a. (I) and (II)
  b. (II) and (III)
  c. (III) and (IV)
  d. Choose this answer if all the statements are true.

Question 2

A thrown stone hits a window, but doesn't break it. Instead it reverses direction and ends up on the ground below the window. In this case, we know:
 a. the force of the stone on the glass > the force of the glass on the stone.
  b. the force of the stone on the glass = the force of the glass on the stone.
  c. the force of the stone on the glass < the force of the glass on the stone.
  d. the stone didn't slow down as it broke the glass.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

briezy

Answer to Question 1

d

Answer to Question 2

b

rosent76

Reply 2 on: Jul 28, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Chelseyj.hasty

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

Amphetamine poisoning can cause intravascular coagulation, circulatory collapse, rhabdomyolysis, ischemic colitis, acute psychosis, hyperthermia, respiratory distress syndrome, and pericarditis.

Did you know?

According to the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, lung disease is the third leading killer in the United States, responsible for one in seven deaths. It is the leading cause of death among infants under the age of one year.

Did you know?

There are more sensory neurons in the tongue than in any other part of the body.

Did you know?

The ratio of hydrogen atoms to oxygen in water (H2O) is 2:1.

Did you know?

In the United States, there is a birth every 8 seconds, according to the U.S. Census Bureau's Population Clock.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library