This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: An ideal monatomic gas cools from 455.0 K to 405.0 K at constant volume as 831 J of energy is ... (Read 33 times)

leo leo

An ideal monatomic gas cools from 455.0 K to 405.0 K at constant volume as 831 J of energy is removed from it. How many moles of gas are in the sample? The ideal gas constant is R = 8.314 J/mol  K.

A) 1.33 mol B) 0.725 mol C) 2.15 mol D) 2.50 mol E) 1.50 mol

Question 2

A resistor is made out of a long wire having a length L. Each end of the wire is attached to a terminal of a battery providing a constant voltage V0. A current I flows through the wire.

If the wire were cut in half, making two wires of length L/2, and both wires were attached to the battery (the end of both wires attached to one terminal, and the other ends attached to the other terminal), what would be the total current flowing through the two wires? A) 4I
  B) 2I
  C) I
  D) I/2
  E) I/4

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

yuyiding

Answer to Question 1

A

Answer to Question 2

A

Did you know?

You should not take more than 1,000 mg of vitamin E per day. Doses above this amount increase the risk of bleeding problems that can lead to a stroke.

Did you know?

Individuals are never “cured” of addictions. Instead, they learn how to manage their disease to lead healthy, balanced lives.

Did you know?

Egg cells are about the size of a grain of sand. They are formed inside of a female's ovaries before she is even born.

Did you know?

Complications of influenza include: bacterial pneumonia, ear and sinus infections, dehydration, and worsening of chronic conditions such as asthma, congestive heart failure, or diabetes.

Did you know?

Barbituric acid, the base material of barbiturates, was first synthesized in 1863 by Adolph von Bayer. His company later went on to synthesize aspirin for the first time, and Bayer aspirin is still a popular brand today.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library