This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A conducting sphere contains positive charge distributed uniformly over its surface. Which ... (Read 19 times)

humphriesbr@me.com

A conducting sphere contains positive charge distributed uniformly over its surface. Which statements about the potential due to this sphere are true? All potentials are measured relative to infinity. (There may be more than one correct choice.)

A) The potential is lowest, but not zero, at the center of the sphere.
  B) The potential at the center of the sphere is zero.
  C) The potential at the center of the sphere is the same as the potential at the surface.
  D) The potential at the surface is higher than the potential at the center.
  E) The potential at the center is the same as the potential at infinity.

Question 2

The amplitude of a lightly damped harmonic oscillator decreases from 60.0 cm to 40.0 cm in 10.0 s. What will be the amplitude of the harmonic oscillator after another 10.0 s passes?

A) 0.00 cm B) 30.0 cm C) 26.7 cm D) 20.0 cm E) 167 cm

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

mathjasmine

Answer to Question 1

C

Answer to Question 2

C

humphriesbr@me.com

Reply 2 on: Jul 29, 2018
Gracias!

ebonylittles

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

The tallest man ever known was Robert Wadlow, an American, who reached the height of 8 feet 11 inches. He died at age 26 years from an infection caused by the immense weight of his body (491 pounds) and the stress on his leg bones and muscles.

Did you know?

In 1835 it was discovered that a disease of silkworms known as muscardine could be transferred from one silkworm to another, and was caused by a fungus.

Did you know?

Hip fractures are the most serious consequences of osteoporosis. The incidence of hip fractures increases with each decade among patients in their 60s to patients in their 90s for both women and men of all populations. Men and women older than 80 years of age show the highest incidence of hip fractures.

Did you know?

Astigmatism is the most common vision problem. It may accompany nearsightedness or farsightedness. It is usually caused by an irregularly shaped cornea, but sometimes it is the result of an irregularly shaped lens. Either type can be corrected by eyeglasses, contact lenses, or refractive surgery.

Did you know?

Bacteria have flourished on the earth for over three billion years. They were the first life forms on the planet.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library